- This event has passed.
Life Day Celebration at Disneyland
November 17 @ 7:15 pm - 10:00 pm
Join us Friday, November 17th as we celebrate Star Wars Life Day with a lightsaber meetup in Galaxy’s Edge! Sabers are welcome, but Life Day Orbs and red Wookiee robes are strongly encouraged. We will meet at the TIE Echelon at 7:15 PM Pacific Time.
NOTE: This is the Batuu West Life Day Celebration at Disneyland Resort in California. We are also holding a separate Life Day event at Walt Disney World in Florida on Friday, November 10, 2023. Please confirm your location for the correct event details.
Once photos are complete at the TIE, we will take photos at the Millennium Falcon as soon as the Disney Parks team gives us clearance to move.
We kindly ask that both sabers and spectators avoid blocking the Smuggler’s Run exit. Please keep a clear path for other guests to safely leave the area.
Depending on the size of the group, we may split for separate photos in front of the TIE and Falcon respectively.
Please follow instructions from all SWGEDiscord volunteers as well as all Disney Parks cast members. Our volunteers will help line you up at each location, give instructions on different photo poses, and provide crowd control for both sabers and spectators.
Look for volunteers wearing SWGEDiscord shirts, buttons, and other official identification.
All lightsabers are welcome as long as they are not actual weapons. Per Disney Parks requirements, blasters are not allowed. We also encourage Wookiee Life Day robes, Batuu Bounds, and other appropriate clothing as long as it meets the Disney Parks restrictions on costuming.
This lightsaber meetup is completely free but does require admission to Disneyland.
Here are a few reminders specific to this meetup:
- Lightsaber dueling is strictly prohibited, and we will ask guests to leave.
- Depending on how many beings come, we may break into smaller groups.
- As always, please be kind and respectful of both Disney cast members and SWGEDiscord volunteers.
- If you see something or feel uncomfortable, please talk to a SWGEDiscord volunteer.
If this is your first lightsaber meetup, here is what you can expect in terms of the photos:
- For planning purposes, photos usually take 30 to 60 minutes.
- We may have photographers stationed at each location, but personal photos are encouraged.
- If you are a photographer and would like to photograph our events, we are definitely interested. Please contact swgediscord [at] gmail.com for details.