- This event has passed.
Life Day Observed at Walt Disney World
November 10 @ 8:45 pm - 9:45 pm
Join us Friday, November 10th as we observe Star Wars Life Day with a lightsaber meetup in Galaxy’s Edge! We will meet at 8:45 PM ET at the TIE Echelon. While sabers are welcome, Life Day Orbs and red Wookiee robes are strongly encouraged. Please arrive promptly, as photos may start any time after the meetup time.
NOTE: This is the Batuu East Life Day event at Walt Disney World in Florida. We are also holding a separate Life Day Celebration at Disneyland Resort in California on Friday, November 17, 2023. Please confirm your location for the correct event details.
Life Day is November 17th every year. However, we are celebrating on the 10th to accommodate Walt Disney World Annual Pass blackouts due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
Once photos are complete at the TIE, we will take photos at the Millennium Falcon as soon as the Disney Parks team gives us clearance to move.
We typically move to the Falcon after park close, but guests may still be exiting Smuggler’s Run. We kindly ask that both sabers and spectators avoid blocking the Smuggler’s Run exit. Please keep a clear path for other guests to safely leave the area.
Depending on the size of the group, we may split for separate photos in front of the TIE and Falcon respectively.
Please follow instructions from all SWGEDiscord volunteers as well as all Disney Parks cast members. Our volunteers will help line you up at each location, give instructions on different photo poses, and provide crowd control for both sabers and spectators.
Look for volunteers wearing SWGEDiscord shirts, buttons, and other official identification.
All lightsabers are welcome as long as they are not actual weapons. Per Disney Parks requirements, blasters are not allowed. We also encourage Wookiee Life Day robes, Batuu Bounds, and other appropriate clothing as long as it meets the Disney Parks restrictions on costuming.
This lightsaber meetup is completely free but does require admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Here are a few reminders specific to this meetup:
- Lightsaber dueling is strictly prohibited, and we will ask guests to leave.
- Meet in the courtyard by the TIE Echelon promptly at 8:45 PM.
- Please do not gather early, as it makes non-saber meetup guests think there is a show. If you are hanging out, please consider the marketplace, the garage, or the pathway leading off-world.
- Depending on how many beings come, we may break into smaller groups.
- SWGEDiscord volunteers will be wearing glow bracelets, SWGEDiscord buttons, or other identifying marks if you have questions.
- As always, please be kind and respectful of both Disney cast members and SWGEDiscord volunteers.
- If you see something or feel uncomfortable, please talk to a SWGEDiscord volunteer.
If this is your first lightsaber meetup, here is what you can expect in terms of the photos:
- For planning purposes, photos take place right after the park closes and usually take 30 to 60 minutes.
- We will have SWGEDiscord photographers at the TIE Echelon and the Millennium Falcon.
- There are opportunities for individual photos once we finish with all group photos.
- We kindly ask that you wait until SWGEDiscord photographers are done before taking photos. SWGEDiscord volunteers will direct you when you can take your photos.
- Photos from SWGEDiscord photographers are usually available within a few days. The added time is needed to process their photos so they look amazing.
- Links to the photos from our photographers will get posted on the SWGEDiscord, the SWGEDiscord Facebook Event and Group pages, and the SWGEDiscord Twitter and Instagram accounts as soon as possible.