- This event has passed.
Hollywood Studios Holiday Lightsaber Meetup
December 10, 2022 @ 9:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Tacky holiday sweaters, gigantic trees, and AT-ATs oh my! We’re celebrating the holidays at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on Saturday, December 10, 2022. Join us for photos at two very special locations: the giant Christmas tree at Echo Lake and the AT-AT outside Star Tours!
We will tentatively meet at 8:45 PM Eastern between Backlot Express and Star Tours. At or around 9:00 PM, we will take photos in front of the AT-AT in front of Star Tours. Afterward, we will move to the Christmas tree at Echo Lake. Event details are subject to change, so look for updates on our Discord server and social media channels.
Please follow instructions from all SWGEDiscord volunteers and Disney Parks cast members. Our volunteers will help line you up at each location, give instructions on different photo poses, and provide crowd control for both sabers and spectators. Look for volunteers wearing SWGEDiscord shirts, buttons, and other official identification.
We strongly encourage tacky holiday sweaters, holiday themed outfits, and Disney bounds that meet the Disney Parks restrictions on costuming. All lightsabers are welcome as long as they are not actual weapons. Per Disney Parks requirements, blasters are not allowed.
This lightsaber meetup is completely free but does require valid admission and park reservations.
Here are a few reminders specific to this meetup:
- Lightsaber dueling is strictly prohibited, and we will ask guests to leave.
- Meet on Grand Avenue between Gonzo’s Royal Flush and Tatooine Traders at 8:45 PM Eastern
- Take photos in front of the AT-AT outside Star Tours at approximately 9:00 PM Eastern
- Parade to Echo Lake at approximately 9:10 PM Eastern
- Take photos in front of the Christmas Tree at approximately 9:15 PM Eastern
- Photos will last approximately 30 minutes.
- Depending on how many beings come, we may break into smaller groups.
- SWGEDiscord volunteers will be wearing glow bracelets and SWGEDiscord buttons if you have questions.
- As always, please be kind and respectful of both Disney cast members and SWGEDiscord volunteers.
- If you see something or feel uncomfortable, please talk to a SWGEDiscord volunteer.
If this is your first lightsaber meetup, here is what you can expect in terms of the photos:
- Photos take place just after the park closes and usually last about 30 minutes.
- We will have SWGEDiscord photographers at both photo locations.
- Disney’s Photopass photographers may also be available.
- We kindly ask that you wait until both SWGEDiscord and Disney’s Photopass photographers are done before taking photos. SWGEDiscord volunteers will direct when you can take your photos.
- Codes for the Disney’s Photopass photos will be available later that evening.
- Photos from SWGEDiscord photographers are usually available within a few days. The added time is needed to process their photos so they look amazing.
- Disney’s Photopass codes and links to the photos from our photographers will get posted on the SWGEDiscord, the SWGEDiscord Facebook Event and Group pages, and the SWGEDiscord Twitter and Instagram accounts as soon as possible.