- This event has passed.
Galaxy’s Edge Anniversary Lightsaber Meetup at Batuu East
August 26 @ 8:45 pm - 9:45 pm
Join us on Saturday, August 26th as we celebrate the Batuu East anniversary with another lightsaber meetup! We will meet at 8:45 PM ET at the TIE Echelon. Please arrive promptly, as photos may start any time after the meetup time.
NOTE: This is the Batuu East event at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in Florida. We are also having a Batuu West event at Disneyland at Disneyland Resort in California on the same night. Please confirm your location for the correct event details.
Once photos are complete at the TIE, we will take photos at the Millennium Falcon as soon as the Disney Parks team gives us clearance to move.
We typically move to the Falcon after the park closes, but guests may still be exiting Smuggler’s Run. We kindly ask that both sabers and spectators avoid blocking the Smuggler’s Run exit. Please keep a clear path for other guests to safely leave the area.
Please follow instructions from all SWGEDiscord volunteers as well as all Disney Parks cast members. Our volunteers will help line you up at each location, give instructions on different photo poses, and provide crowd control for both sabers and spectators.
Look for volunteers wearing SWGEDiscord shirts, buttons, and other official identification.
All lightsabers are welcome as long as they are not actual weapons. Per Disney Parks requirements, blasters are not allowed. We also encourage Batuu Bounds and other appropriate clothing as long as it meets the Disney Parks restrictions on costuming.
This lightsaber meetup is completely free but does require valid admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Here are a few reminders specific to this meetup:
- Lightsaber dueling is strictly prohibited, and we will ask guests to leave.
- Meet in the courtyard by the TIE Echelon promptly at 8:45 PM.
- Please do not gather early, as it makes non-saber meetup guests think there is a show. If you are hanging out, please consider the marketplace, the garage, or the pathway leading off-world.
- Depending on how many beings come, we may break into smaller groups.
- SWGEDiscord volunteers will be wearing glow bracelets, SWGEDiscord buttons, or other identifying items if you have questions.
- As always, please be kind and respectful of Disney cast members, SWGEDiscord volunteers, and other guests.
- If you see something or feel uncomfortable, please talk to a SWGEDiscord volunteer.
If this is your first lightsaber meetup, here is what you can expect in terms of the photos:
- Photos take place right after the park closes and usually take about 30 minutes.
- We will have SWGEDiscord photographers at the TIE Echelon and the Millennium Falcon.
- There are opportunities for individual photos once we finish with all group photos.
- We kindly ask that you wait until both SWGEDiscord photographers are done before taking photos. SWGEDiscord volunteers will direct you when you can take your photos.
- Photos from SWGEDiscord photographers are usually available within a few days. The added time is needed to process their photos so they look amazing.
- Disney’s Photopass codes and links to the photos from our photographers will get posted on the SWGEDiscord, the SWGEDiscord Facebook Event and Group pages, and the SWGEDiscord Twitter and Instagram accounts as soon as possible.