- This event has passed.
May the Fourth Lightsaber Meetup at Batuu East
May 4 @ 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm
May the Fourth Be With You! Join us on Thursday, May 4th as we celebrate Star War Day in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We will tentatively meet at 9:45 PM ET. Photos will start at the TIE Echelon at or around 10:00 PM. We will take photos at the Millenium Falcon as soon as the Disney Parks team gives us clearance to move.
Due to the expected crowds, we will form a line beginning near the refreshers in the Droid Depot courtyard. The line with run back towards Toy Story Land. If necessary, we will loop the line back around. Please listen to SWGEDiscord and cast member instructions. See the map below for the exact location.
We expect a large crowd and anticipate breaking into smaller groups to manage the flow of lightsabers without blocking the pathways. We kindly ask that both sabers and spectators avoid blocking all pathways, doorways, and exits, keeping a clear path for cast members and other guests to safely move through the area.
NEW: We are also excited to announce that Live in the Magic are live streaming the saber meetup as well. Visit their YouTube page now and hit the notification bell on their stream now to get notified when they go live.
Watch the Live Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHKMIzhmHr0
Please follow instructions from all SWGEDiscord volunteers as well as all Disney Parks cast members. Our volunteers will help line you up at each location, give instructions on different photo poses, and provide crowd control for both sabers and spectators.
Look for volunteers wearing SWGEDiscord shirts, buttons, and other official identification.
All lightsabers are welcome as long as they are not actual weapons. Per Disney Parks requirements, blasters are not allowed. We also encourage Batuu Bounds and other appropriate clothing as long as it meets the Disney Parks restrictions on costuming.
This lightsaber meetup is completely free but does require admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
As a reminder, we have a zero-tolerance policy for harassment and inappropriate behavior. Please talk to a SWGEDiscord volunteer immediately so we can address the issue.
Here are a few reminders specific to this meetup:
- Lightsaber dueling is strictly prohibited, and we will ask offending guests to leave.
- Begin lining up at 9:45 PM and keep your party together.
- We expect a large crowd and will need to break into smaller groups.
- Volunteers will wear SWGEDiscord buttons, glow bracelets, and other identifying clothing.
- As always, please be kind and respectful of Disney cast members, SWGEDiscord volunteers, other saber meetup guests, and any special guests.
- If you see something or feel uncomfortable, please talk to a SWGEDiscord volunteer immediately.
If this is your first lightsaber meetup, here is what you can expect in terms of the photos:
- May 4th – also known as May the Fourth or Star Wars Day – is an extremely popular holiday. Expect large crowds for this lightsaber meetup.
- Due to the expected crowds, keep your party together. We will not be able to wait for other guests to join you.
- Photos start shortly after the stated meetup time and usually take about 30 minutes. The exact amount of time will vary depending on the number of guests and other factors.
- We will have SWGEDiscord photographers at the TIE Echelon and the Millennium Falcon.
- We kindly ask that spectators wait until SWGEDiscord photographers are done before taking photos. SWGEDiscord volunteers will direct you when you can take your photos.
- Photos from SWGEDiscord photographers are usually available within a few days. The added time is needed to process their photos, so they look amazing.
- Links to the photos from our photographers will get posted on the SWGEDiscord server, the SWGEDiscord website, the SWGEDiscord Facebook Event and Group pages, and the SWGEDiscord Twitter and Instagram accounts as soon as possible.